Escano was the first Institution specialized in diagnostic aids that opened its doors in Medellín to satisfy market demand and provide images that will guide skull and spine surgeries. It was founded by Neurosurgeons Mario Vásquez Soto and Hernán Melo León on March 22, 1982.
Dr. Melo and Dr. Vásquez started with the Tomography service and later expanded the portfolio of services to Mammography and Ultrasound. They led the Institution for 23 years, contributing from their experience and knowledge to the health of a large part of the local population.
In 2005, a group of health professionals and visionary specialists made an attractive proposal to buy the company, which was accepted by the founders. Since then, a process of transformation and accelerated growth began, as a result of a high investment in technology, state-of-the-art equipment, qualified personnel, and expansion and remodeling of the facilities.
The management of the Management, headed by Dr. Myriam Lya Ramírez de Velásquez, allowed Escano to progress as an institution that provides services for Magnetic Resonance, Tomography, Mammography, Bone Densitometry, Ultrasound, and X-Rays.
In 2017, a new office was opened in the municipality of Sabaneta in the Mayorca Mega Plaza Shopping Center, with Tomography and Magnetic Resonance services.
At the beginning of 2018, the Ultrasound service opens at the Sabaneta headquarters and later in September it is complemented with the new General Medical Consultation and Gastroenterology services, in order to meet the needs of people in the south of the department.
In 2019, a new office is opened in Apartadó for the Tomography service at the Chinita Clinic, with the Tomography service.
Over the years, the Organization continued with its growth, supported by the development of strategic plans, customer service programs, social responsibility policies and the creation of a quality system, allowing to have a human group of more than two hundred collaborators at the same time. service of fifteen thousand monthly users and being an Institution with more than 40 years of experience.
At Escano we offer the services of Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Tomography, Bone Densitometry, Mammography, X-Rays, Ultrasound, Gastroenterology, General Medical Consultation, Electrocardiogram, Preventive Medical Check-up and Clinical Laboratory, Fluid Therapy, Hyperbaric Chamber under the premise of “Professional Excellence and Human Warmth”. ».
We have three offices at strategic points: one of them is located in the city of Medellín in the Prado Centro neighborhood; the other in the municipality of Sabaneta in the Mayorca Mega Plaza Shopping Center and our most recent headquarters is located in Apartadó, inside the Chinita Clinic.
- Human warmth in the service.
- High-tech medical equipment.
- Qualified and recognized medical specialists and subspecialists in the field .
- Reading by subspecialties: Neuroradiology, Osteoarticular Radiology, Body Imaging, and Trauma and Emergency Radiology .
- Spacious and modern facilities.
- Background and experience in specialized imaging.
At ESCANO we provide specialized diagnostic aid services with quality, reliability, opportunity and human sense to contribute to the health and well-being of people; through a group of qualified and committed professionals, advanced technology and warm care.
By 2025, to be the institution preferred by people in Antioquia for diagnostic aids, guaranteeing standards of excellence, service quality, and sustainability.
- Ethics : We act in accordance with moral values and with integrity, to generate trust and well-being in our interest groups.
- Commitment : We strive to provide an excellent service that meets the needs of our interest groups and to meet the objectives proposed as a company.
- Service : We work collaboratively to provide differentiated care in diagnostic aids in search of excellence.
- Human quality : We act with a human sense and we are aware of the importance of warmth in relationships with other people.
- Respect : We value others and consider their dignity, based on the principles of tolerance and coexistence.