- If the patient is a minor, they must be accompanied by an older relative.
- The hospitalized patient must come with a family member of legal age.
- Be half an hour (30 minutes) before the procedure for administrative procedures.
- Fast for six (6) hours before the exam. Do not eat gum or smoke during this time. The meal before fasting should not contain fat, dairy, dark drinks or carbonated drinks.
- Drink six (6) glasses of water two (2) hours before the exam and do not eliminate (the patient must arrive with a full bladder). This procedure can be performed at home or at the Institution.
- For pregnant patients: Drink six (6) glasses of water one (1) hour before the exam and do not eliminate (the patient must arrive with a full bladder). This procedure can be performed at home or at the Institution.
- Do not stop controller medications.
- Identification document.
- Current order (does not apply to individuals).
- Complete clinical history with data justifying the study
- Previous examinations related to the pathology.
* Patients who have fluid restriction by the attending physician, heart failure , renal failure or who are fed by nasogastric tube should NOT drink water as a preparation.
If for any reason it is not possible for you to attend your appointment or require additional information before or after it, please call: (604) 444 5690 option 5.