Computed Tomography is a non-invasive and painless technique that generates detailed images of axial slices of the body through an X-ray scan . It allows diagnosing infections, tumors, fractures, heart attacks and internal bleeding.
Multi-slice images (multiple sliced images) allow for fast and accurate 3D reconstructions of the studied body part, often eliminating the need for additional and more invasive diagnostic procedures. It may be necessary to use an oral or intravenous contrast dye to better visualize structures or fluids within the body.
We provide the Tomography service in:
Medellín: Calle 59 No. 50 A 14 (Prado Centro neighborhood). WhatsApp 316 403 76 61 (chat only).
Sabaneta: Mayorca Shopping Center – Local 9955 (basement). WhatsApp 316 403 76 61 (chat only).
Section: Carrera 98 No. 102 – 11, Chinita Clinic. Cell phone and WhatsApp 315 431 69 77.
Take advantage of our discounts and benefits on private exams!
- Special rates.
- Opportunity in assigning appointments.
- Results in two business days.
If it is necessary to apply intravenous contrast medium, the nurse will insert a vein. The diagnostic aid technologist or nurse will help you lie down on the equipment table, usually on your back. The patient's table slides into the scanner, and small detectors in the equipment measure the X-rays that pass through the part of the body being studied.
The technologist will remain in contact with the patient throughout the duration of the exam by means of a sound system, and will indicate the exact moments in which they must remain immobile to guarantee the quality of the images and prevent them from coming out blurry. In addition, for certain diagnoses he will ask you to hold your breath for brief moments.
CT Scan does not cause any pain. However, when contrast media is given, some patients may experience nausea, flushing, a feeling of warmth, and/or headache. Sometimes a patient may experience an allergic reaction, for which we have a permanent doctor who evaluates and treats this type of adversity. If the patient ever feels anything strange, it is important to report it to the technologist or nurse immediately.
The duration of the exam is approximately fifteen (15) minutes. The images are recorded on a CD, preserving the entire study. Additionally, the interpretation of the Radiologist is delivered.
- Computed Axial Tomography of the skull.
- Chest Computed Axial Tomography.
- Computed Axial Tomography of the abdomen.
- Computed Axial Tomography of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine.
- Computed Axial Tomography of the ear.
- Computed axial tomography of the sella turcica.
- Computed Axial Tomography of the paranasal sinuses or face.
- Computed Axial Tomography of orbits.
- Computed Axial Tomography of the neck or pharynx.
- Computed Axial Tomography of the pelvis.
- Computed Axial Tomography of extremities and joints (upper and lower limbs).
- Computed Axial Tomography of the temporomandibular joint (TMJ).
- Triphasic liver CT.
- Simple Tomographies: skull - paranasal sinuses - ear - thorax - extremities and joints (upper and lower) - cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine - pelvis - TMJ
- Contrasted Tomographies: skull - sella turcica - orbits - ears - paranasal sinuses - neck - thorax - angiotac - cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine
- Simple tomographies: total abdomen – upper abdomen – thorax extended to the upper abdomen
- Contrast tomography: pelvis - upper abdomen - contrasted total abdomen - triphasic - urotomography
- CT scans under sedation for adults
- CT scans under sedation for children older than two years
- Tomography: Urotac
Somatom Perspective Tomograph – SIEMENS
- 64-slice configuration with high reliability and image quality.
- It has specialized software that reduces the radiation dose and allows its automatic reporting, making it ideal for pediatric patients.
- It simplifies and automates the time consumed, as well as the complexity of the procedures.
- It has the “Syngo.via Element CT” plugin allowing 3D visualization, perfect for cases of any complexity.
- Using Workstream 4D improves the workflow when performing.
Somatom Emotion Tomograph – SIEMENS
- 16 cut configurations.
- Excellent reliability and image quality.
- It allows a wide spectrum of clinical applications and perform 3D reconstructions.
- Ergonomic design.
All our equipment is subjected to a preventive maintenance process to guarantee proper and safe operation in the care of our patients.