Digital Mammography is an X-ray examination of the mammary gland . It is the most effective method to detect a possible breast cancer , even in a very early phase of the disease, allowing a better prognosis of cure.
It is suggested that women over 40 years of age have Mammography every one or two years as a preventive measure , following the recommendation of the treating physician.
Digital Mammography is a non-invasive procedure that helps to notice subtle differences in tissues with low doses of X-rays, which facilitates the diagnosis of breast diseases even without symptoms.
We provide the Mammography service in Medellín at Calle 59 No. 50 A 14 (Prado Centro neighborhood).
Take advantage of our discounts and benefits on private exams!
Request your private appointment on WhatsApp 316 403 76 61 (chat only).
- Special rates.
- Opportunity in assigning appointments.
- Results in two business days.
The Diagnostic Imaging Technologist positions the patient's breast on a rectangular support. On top of the unit is a device that supports and compresses the breast in a controlled manner to enable imaging from different angles.
Breast compression is necessary to flatten and spread the breast tissue, as well as allow for a lower X-ray dose. The technologist will reposition the patient during the procedure to perform routine views: up, down, and medial-lateral oblique . The process should be repeated for the other breast. The patient should remain still and hold her breath for a few seconds when prompted to reduce the possibility of blurred images.
The exam takes approximately twenty (20) minutes. The images are delivered recorded on a CD.
- Bilateral mammography.
- Bilateral mammography with 3D tomosynthesis.
Mammomat Inspiration Prime Edition – Siemens
- Direct digital equipment, acquires images and processes them with greater speed.
- Compress according to the physical characteristics of the patient.
- Reduces radiation by more than 30 percent.
- Reconstructs images in three dimensions.
- 50 degree diagnostic angle that increases the depth of 3D images.
Mammomat 3000 Nova – Siemens
- Image clarity.
- Excellent penetration.
- Results with low doses.
- Stability, reproducibility and automatic optimization.
- Built-in upgradeability.
- intuitive design.
- Technological innovations that allow interconnection to an image computer network.
All our equipment is subjected to a preventive maintenance process to guarantee proper and safe operation in the care of our patients.