Hyperbaric Chamber Oxygenation Therapy is a non-invasive and painless method used to treat a wide variety of diseases associated with deficient oxygen levels in the human body. Through this treatment, the patient has the possibility of receiving pure medicinal oxygen (100%) at high pressures, in a totally controlled and optimal environment for him, with the aim of treating specific medical conditions and/or pathologies.
It is a comprehensive procedure that can bring numerous benefits, significantly improving people’s quality of life.
We provide the Hyperbaric Chamber service in the municipality of Sabaneta, at Carrera 48 No. 50 Sur 128 (Mayorca Mega Plaza Shopping Center).
Take advantage of our discounts!
Request your private appointment on WhatsApp 300 355 55 56.
It is one of the most used and effective treatments, being a beneficial option for people who:
- They require a recovery in the shortest possible time
- Do high-performance sports (favors recovery from sports injuries)
- Require wound rehabilitation (traumatic, infectious, post-surgical)
- Present systemic diseases such as: arterial hypertension, diabetes, neurological conditions, among others)
During the therapy, pure medicinal oxygen (100%) is received at pressures greater than atmospheric, which makes it easier for this oxygen to circulate throughout the body; that is, that the blood transports more oxygen to organs and tissues in the body; allowing to combat certain affectations such as:
- Difficult-to-manage skin infections or wounds (diabetic foot, ulcer due to poor circulation, infection with necrotic or dead tissue, etc.)
- Skin grafts or generally improve healing processes.
- Radiation injury (cancer therapy)
- bone infections
- carbon monoxide poisoning
- Decompression sickness (the one that occurs in divers)
- Anemia (as adjuvant therapy)
The duration inside the Chamber lasts approximately 50 minutes, however, the patient must have one (1) hour to carry out the entire therapy process. Keep in mind that it is recommended to comply with the total number of sessions ordered to guarantee the success of the result and follow all the professional's instructions. During the therapy time you will be in a comfortable, quiet and safe space, where you will be offered the possibility of listening to music, watching a television program or completely relaxing.
- Improves the oxygen supply in the body
- Helps stop infections by contributing to the elimination of bacteria.
- Reduces inflammation or swelling
- Helps accelerate wound healing, making it ideal for pre-operative, post-operative and recovery
- Strengthens the immune system
- Contributes to the improvement of states of anxiety, depression and fatigue.
- Improves the detoxification processes of the body
- It stimulates collagen production
- Reduces insomnia, and promotes restful sleep.
- Increases red blood cells (blood)
- Minimizes migraine symptoms
- Promotes bone repair (bone formation)
- Facilitates and promotes the rehabilitation of bone, muscle or tendon injuries.
Hyperbaric treatment is contraindicated in patients who present the following pathologies, symptoms or acute states such as:
- Claustrophobia (medium to stay in closed spaces).
- Patients with epilepsy or seizure disorder, pregnant women and those with active cancer or undergoing chemotherapy or radiotherapy (unless the treating oncologist requests therapy).
- Diseases of the upper and lower respiratory tract (ears, throat, nose and sinuses, and lungs):
- Ears : history of ear surgery, acute or chronic ear infection (otitis), eardrum perforation, congenital abnormality in ear development (if born with an ear problem),
- Paranasal sinuses : sinusitis or acute rhinosinusitis, recent surgery (less than 6 months) of the paranasal sinuses.
- Pharynx or larynx (throat) : tonsillitis, pharyngitis, laryngitis, acute nasopharyngitis (flu); The procedure can be done when you get better.
- Lungs: history of surgery in the lung or mediastinum, pneumothorax or hemothorax (blood or air in the lung space) in addition to the presence of bullae (air balls in the lung) and history of pulmonary tuberculosis or any chronic lung disease such as pulmonary emphysema or COPD (chronic obstructive disease). If you currently have pneumonia or acute bronchitis (it can be done once you get better), and the presence of a thoracotomy (tube in the lung).
- Presence of uncontrolled systemic diseases such as:
- Poorly controlled arterial hypertension (if you maintain blood pressures above 160/90 mmHg).
- Untreated or uncontrolled cardiac arrhythmias, bradycardia (slower than normal pulse) or tachycardia (faster than normal pulse).
- History of optic neuritis or glaucoma
- fever of unknown origin
- Current or past drug use such as:
- Doxorubicin and Cisplatin or mafenide acetate (used in cancer)
- Bleomycin (antibiotic agent)
- Bisulfram or Disulfiram (used in the treatment of alcoholism)