- Women: Inform in case of pregnancy or suspicion of being.
- Inform the current state of health. The procedure cannot be performed with fever and/or vomiting.
- This test should always be performed under sedation. The patient must report a history of allergic reactions to sedation.
- The patient must be accompanied by an adult on the day of the exam.
- The patient must inform if he is oxygen dependent.
- If the patient is uncontrolled hypertensive or uncontrolled diabetic, you must send a medical history so that the doctor can assess whether or not he can be sedated.
- If the patient suffers from sleep apnea, cardiovascular diseases such as: pulmonary, cerebral or cardiac infarction or consciousness deficit, they should be performed under the supervision of an anesthesiologist.
- Attend with comfortable clothes, do not wear girdles.
- Depending on the findings of the examination and the doctor's criteria, a biopsy can be taken.
- Patients who have active colostomies must attend a prior assessment appointment at the Sabaneta headquarters.
- Be one (1) hour before the procedure for administrative procedures.
Day before the exam:
- Breakfast: panela water (if you are not diabetic), bread or cookies, consume aromatic and yellow jellies.
- Lunch: pasta soup, fat-free chicken bouillon or broth, mashed potatoes without seasonings, aromatic rice soup, and yellow jellies.
- Dinner: dinner no later than 6:00 pm, pasta soup, bouillon, fat-free chicken broth, mashed potatoes, rice soup, aromatic consuming and yellow jellies.
Note: during the days of preparation, you should not consume long-digesting foods such as salads with legumes, sausages, red meat, red or dark colored drinks, cassava, bananas, chickpeas, lentils, fruit seeds such as granadilla, guava, passion fruit, papaya. , watermelon and dairy. Do not eat gum or smoke during this time.
- Fasting for at least six (6) hours. Patients over 60 years of age must fast for eight (8) hours due to slow intestinal transit. If the appointment is in the afternoon, you can eat an aromatic herb with cookies before the full six (6) hour fast.
- Do not eat gum or smoke.
- In the case of patients suffering from diabetes, high blood pressure or thyroid problems, they should take their respective medications with a sip of water.
- If you take any other control medication, please report it at the time of assignment to find out the case with the nursing area.
Preparation with two 133 ml Travad enemas is required (must be done before coming to the institution):
- Four (4) hours before the exam, perform intestinal lavage by applying a 133ml rectal enema bag, retain it for 20 to 30 minutes and evacuate.
- Three (3) hours before the exam, repeat the procedure with the new enema: intestinal lavage applying a 133ml Travad enema bag rectal, retain it for 20 to 30 minutes and evacuate.
- Identification document.
- Current order (does not apply to individuals).
- Medical order and complete Clinical History with data justifying the study (EPS).
- Medical order if you have it, if you do not have it, record why you want to carry out the study (Individuals).
- Previous examinations related to the procedure.
* Diabetic patients who apply insulin:
Diabetic patients who apply insulin must bring their medication to be applied later to the exam. Clarify that it cannot be applied before the exam.
*Diabetic patients who do not apply insulin:
In the case of patients suffering from diabetes, they should take their respective medications with a sip of water.
* The patient must be over 14 years old.
* Anticoagulated patients must go for an assessment with their treating physician to indicate if they authorize the suspension of anticoagulants at least one week before the procedure.
* Follow the recommendations that the laxative has to guarantee the optimal preparation.
* If you are hypertensive, please take the medication with little water.
* Come accompanied by a person of legal age and who is able to make decisions for the patient.
* On the day of the exam, the patient cannot drive a vehicle and cannot attend as a motorcycle grill.
If for any reason it is not possible for you to attend your appointment or require additional information before or after it, please call: (604) 444 5690 option 5.